Friday 29 January 2010

Off Topic Post


Going to the dentist to have my teeth bleached (with some technology called Zoom) has changed my last 48 hours. Simple reason: I have had to cut the coffee, tea, cola from my diet. Sounds innocent and easy, but when you're hooked on 2 litres of the caffeine drinks a day the brain really sends out signals that you're changing something with the chemistry up there.

I had a headache for pretty much 24 hours. With some sleep in between. But I decided to read up on effects of cutting caffeine when "addicted" to it and the symptoms included all what I was feeling. Headaches, tired, bit achey...

Anyway. 48 hours later and after a rock solid night of sleep (8-9 hours!) I feel my old self.

Surprising what technology can do with teeth. Of course I wouldn't have needed the bleaching if Coca-cola and Pepsi didn't add stuff to their addictive drinks that discolor them... ? Guess that's another story though.

RE: Trading

Have just had 4 trades this year in equities. They were small considering the account I manage for that 3rd party and thus have not really added anything to performance.

My own account is asleep at the moment.

I did have a dream tonight that money was going to be worthless and not many of us left on the planet and the only important thing would be finding clean water, food and sanitation :S

Guess that's how they feel in Haiti. Thanks to the dream I can relate better. I was getting annoyed with all the media coverage of the whole thing. It's not that I'm heartless (not really anyway :D), but you can just get sick of all the requests for help and huge media attention.

I'm sure Africa has plenty of wars and diseases that are just as bad. That quake just happened to be nested right next to the media hub known as US of A ?! Out of sight out of mind....


3 comments:

  1. I got the same request from my dentist as well, and after my push back, she said, you need at least drink water right after the coffee/soda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant do without coffee a day too. nowadays i do make an effort to rinse with water after coffee or smoking. cuz i used to have serious yellow teeth lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks for the comments... good idea with the water...

    Cool thing that one can "leave" for a few weeks and come back to find ones fellow-traders still alive and kicking... :)

    ReplyDelete