Wednesday 2 December 2009

Quick Take On Econ Situation


Just been checking out some graphs of ISM Manufacturing. This liquidity based surge seems awfully prone to some kind of flatlining (at best) or correction (at worst). But that's just my charting sense talking - the one that loves shorting into sharp rises!

Employment has been lagging according to Haver (where I nicked the graphs). And I still hear of layoffs. So the consumer oriented economies can't really take off anytime soon can they.

I have a bit of a negative bias right now. I mean how much better can econ news get with Greece, Baltics and Dubai in the crapper one part of me says. But China and India the gorillas to watch I guess. I did read the chinese business sentiment survey also is off Oct highs. Little warning signs.



No comments:

Post a Comment