Wednesday 3 August 2011

Trying To Have Sex When Having Just Lost USD 20k

Well, I hadn't just lost it. It has been more of a gruelsome torment over the last several months.

I stopped looking at the FX account - until yesterday. Something about the being bombarded ALL DAY with the news: Record level, Debt, etc... that just doesn't let you keep cool.

So anyway, I have a -1600 pip loss and decide to a. buy 1 lot more around 1.26 (only had one lot) and put in a stoploss on CHFGBP at 1.24. Sure enough this morning I'm closed out at 1.2393 or so ...

Luckily or unluckily my girlfriend has been on my mind most of the time - and enjoying life. But this morning, seeing that loss really affected me physically. I didn't want to let on to her though. There didn't seem any point. She's very careful with money so the thought of me just chucking it out the window in such a way would have been rather couterproductive I felt.

But trust the SNB to intervene once my fear level is reached. For a moment I just thought, that when headlines get really bad a turning point is near. This time it may be so once again. As the "weak" hands, like mine, have now been crushed I wouldn't be surprised.

Now time to about planning a comeback! Or think of another way to fullfill my gambling addiction?!


2 comments: