Wednesday 24 November 2010

Dear Google, please make your own Reuters Eikon or Bloomberg Terminal equivalent!

**
**


Dear Google,

I'm an honest, small asset manager with just a handful of clients. I have a problem though. I have used and know Bloomberg and Reuters products in the past and think the FEATURES they offer are very helpfull. However: I really can NOT pay USD 2'000 a month for some software that is glorified instant messaging and charting system with quotes thrown in.

I do however NEED and WANT to talk to my brokers over instant messenger.
I do NEED and WANT to send my different brokers orders from one centralized trading plattform.

Please help me, by offering such a software application.

I know for a fact that
- newswires cost less than USD 150 (dow jones)
- charting systems are very cheap
- real time exchange prices are very cheap! USD 12 maybe - depending on exchange...

So why would I pay USD 2'000 a month?! Do you know what a nice appartement I can get for that cash? Or office space? Or a nice expensive car on leasing?

It's just crazy. I swear.


1 comment:

  1. You pay $2000 a month, because it cost Reuters $1bn to develop the software. This is how they make it a profitable product.

    ReplyDelete