Friday 3 December 2010

Lost 400 pips, then won 390 pips. Still paying the market.


Nov 23rd was the day I decided that we'd seen enough selling in EURUSD.
Sadly the market didn't agree and stuffed me with a bigger than 400pip move (from my average entry!) in dollar terms: USD 9'000 loss on 30k equity in the FX account. I would probably have watched it fall to 1.25 and been forced out.
Lucky for me the ECB decided to buy bonds more aggressively without announcing it before and after the ECB meeting this week. Sneaky move. That's the best way to catch speculators off guard. Not announcing interventions.
Of course the biggest help was the US employment report though. I wonder if it's unethical to be pleased more people are out of a job? Well I'm not pleased actually, just pleased that the market wasn't expecting it.

Long story short: I got out with USD 200 loss, 270 really, but I had a small trade that netted me profit of 70 today. Oh and you can add USD 40-50 for interest I had to pay on being long EURUSD to my broker. So lost 240 maybe.

I am relieved!







No comments:

Post a Comment