Thursday 13 August 2009

Just Dipping A Toe In The Water























Just felt like putting on a small bet. Actually I felt lucky and put on 2 trades at once with 8% of my margin at risk. The pairs didn't really move for 40min though - not that it's that surprising in Aussie trading! - so I decided to get out and go to sleep instead. It's probably not a bad idea to put some trades on just to feel the rythm or what it's like to have position.

So the result was a net gain of just 28$ (about).

One lesson I did notice again: I took off the trade which showed me the larger profit first. That was a mistake cos as soon as I had locked in that small profit EURUSD went a tick down showing me a small loss. GBPCHF went up and would have given me a 60$ gain. Classic mistake that. Always cut the losers they say. let the winners run. I did opposite. Just another small example of how my personality gets in the way of good trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment