Saturday 1 August 2009

Week P/L +408$ +1% / Month +1100$ +2.75%

July recap: +2.75%
The month started on a bad note: namely a large loss. The next day brought a small loss. Then the turnaround occured. A period without a losing day has since begun. Up 1'100$ on the month. Still down around -2'200$ though since end of May.

Week recap:
+408$ so about 1%.


Thoughts:

  1. I take large losses on probably less than 5% of trades
  2. I've lowered trading size in July from +300k (June - 10-20% margin) to 100k at most times (4% margin)
  3. I've been trying lately to really wait until a strong impulse, urge hits me before I put on a trade. These urges are basically based on action around strong resistance or breakouts.
  4. I make money on 95% of trades (sadly, that's more or less irrelevant if "risk management" fails on the other 5%)
  5. One trade cost me -110 pips (July 1st)
  6. My average winning trade is probably 5-10pips
  7. Shame my broker doesn't give me statistics on average winners absoulte, % and same for losers etc, also commission paid for in spread would be interesting. (I'm pretty sure I paid over 830$! this month - 8.3 Mio turnover...)


No comments:

Post a Comment