Monday 10 May 2010

Cheating Death

I really thought I was going to have to take losses on the financials I'd bought for the 3rd party account recently. Then this morning one of them was up 8% the other 5%. I had a loss of close to 6% on the first so I've netted a 2% gain. On the second I'd bought some Friday on the close but also already on Wednesday so I made a net profit of 2.5% on the total there.

Writing it down now it seems like bad risk reward trades. I also sold into the rally this am slightly too early as it's still moving up (one now up 10% and the other 6.5%).

It's a bit like what happened to my PA on EURUSD - I got out with just under 1.29 and now it's over 1.30. So I missed 140pips x2.

But what makes me feel okay with my sales: there are several stocks I own for the 3rd party that are trading only slightly up. This must mean the fear in the market has left an offer overhang. The financials are seing a brutal short squeeze, but I sure as hell wouldn't expect that it's sustainable. But if we've bottomed that's something positive for the economy and general market. It will take good news to break the down trend (from here onward!) - I believe.

Final thought: All this money being set aside by the central banks is nice. But don't you feel like it's 5-6 big guys jumping into the water to save some small kids (PIGS) - the big question remaining, won't the torrents, tides drown the rescue team aswell....?! Then again that picture helps underscore that they have no choice but to instinctively jump in and try. Their "lives" would be ruined if they "lose their children" anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment