Friday 23 October 2009

Doubling Up Saved The Night


I thought 1.0100 would be where we trend toward again when I bought 1 lot USDCHF around 1.0070. So when nearly 3 hours later the trade is showing me -300$ I start to feel stupid. It coincided with the Dow rallying. I have to admit it wasn't something I'd envisaged. I did sell my Nestlé puts yesterday, but even when I sold them I thought correction should go on. Anyway so I'm on my loss and thinking "Time to double up - and then only need a 15pip bounce to be in the black?" I decided yes, what the hell, why not, I won on the derivs trade so I have some room for risk. 1.5hours later I offloaded the second lot for an 8pip profit. And now another 8 hours later I offloaded the second lot for a 6pip loss. Net 1.7pip gain. Even though I won nothing, it feels like a victory. The market had taken 300$ from me and I made it give it back ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment