Friday 16 October 2009

The Dream EURUSD 1.50-51 - Followed by CB intervention

Back in AUGUST - and a few days after my lucky punch falling asleep with a position - I had a dream. Sounds like martin luther king there for a second. But serious: I dreamt I had a position short EURUSD @1.47 (back then it was actually trading 1.42-43 area). Then it went to 1.49. I shorted more. Then in a climactic news worthy moment with central bankers commenting it went to 1.50-51 intraday. And I was short all the time.

Since then I haven't been in the mood much for trading. That dream is what actually happens to me often I believe. I get to like a certain level as a shorting point, and just can't close it.

On the other side: Had I looked at that dream as a premonition that we're going to 1.50 - then at 1.43 - I'd be happiest person on the planet now. I'd have loaded buckets full. Well - money isn't everything I know - but still. [Hm on second thoughts, maybe I did act correctly in staying out the market - after all I was pretty confident we'd hang around 1.40 for longer and not go into 1.46 area so quickly]

But where do I go from now. Do I try and ride this EURUSD to 1.50 or is this the top pop.

I also just noticed that cos I double guess myself so often, I can then always fall back into justification process telling myself: I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT WOULD DO THIS, I JUST DIDNT HAVE GUTS TO GO WITH IT....


No comments:

Post a Comment