Monday 26 October 2009

Playing With Falling Knife and Cable


Overnight trade to keep the mind working. Or another way of looking at it: Giving the gambler his daily dose of action. Today my first trade in "Cable" as it's also known as.

Just an unnoteworthy 5pip in the black after being 13 in the red. God knows why I bought into that red falling knife. Also getting out after building a base isn't too smart I guess. But I must cross one bridge at a time. Learning discipline and risk management is what I'm working on atm.

I was fighting that little devil inside me that wanted to buy 1.6257-59 level and get breakeven down to 1.6262. But I had to tell myself that Cable with its sudden 40pip moves isn't the place I should do something like that. Problem is still: I didn't fix a mental stop, I was only thinking where do I buy the second lot? That's not sound risk management really....

Update: 15:06CET

Fitting to the 100pip upmove in Cable since I sold it:

"Regret comes too late to affect an outcome, and it can leave you blind to opportunity and paralyzed with self-doubt." Does ring a bell that :)
As to fear when putting on a trade:
"Fear is the future tense of regret. And like regret, it offers little benefit and worlds of hurt. Don't let fear hide in justification. [...] Acknowledge your fears and your doubts, then pursue what you want anyway. The big misconception is that people who are brave live without fear, when without fear there could be no courage. Be afraid. Act anyway."




No comments:

Post a Comment