Saturday 24 October 2009

Recap Of Trades Till Now (October)














So below are my trades for the month so far. It's been a sleepy month for me. Just noticed I only did one EURUSD in/out and was more focussed on USDCHF. Maybe there's a lesson there aswell: Sometimes it's easier to trade something new because there's less or no mental baggage. Mental baggage in the sense that one will remember fondly or in horror what happened at certain price levels. That in turn can influence judgement. It certainly always has been issue for me.

This week I'm up 0.8% on FX or in absolute terms: 322.4$
My total loss since starting in may is now just under 600$.
I'm going to spin that as 600$ dollars I spent on education. Nothing could have taught me more than just throwing myself in the cold water of this leveraged FX world and seing what happens, how I feel, and consequently how I trade.






















And here's what I traded in August. Nothing in september.



















Derivates Trading

My derivs trade was on another account. So I guess I won't start mixing that with the FX trades when it comes to performance. But I think I'll continue to post what derivs trades I do here aswell. After all these markets are corelated to some degree and seing something in one market can lead to a window of opportunity opening in another.

One thing I noticed with trading options/warrants this week was: I hate when I buy a put say at 0.40 (0.39/0.40 Bid/Ask), then seing the stock move as I thought I would by 0.5% and the warrant doesn't budge. I prefer trading the underlying with leverage than being dependent on some market maker!


No comments:

Post a Comment