Friday 6 November 2009

Felt Extremely Aggressive!

I've contacted a fairly large bank and said I want certain conditions. These conditions would let the bank earn a fixed ticket fee when I trade their warrants and a 10bp fee when I trade shares in that banks local market.

I clearly stated these requirments of mine at the outset of the account opening process. I was given the impression that those would be doable. During that process since Tuesday (or earlier?) the account manager has sent me forms to fill in regarding where the money came from etc (which I completed and returned overnight). Then he decided that my photocopies of ID weren't enough and that they needed me to either come by personally or drop into a branch. I went to a branch and had that done.

So today he calls me, tells me he's received everything. It's all in order he says. Then: However regarding conditions I won't be able to offer you those rates at the outset. We need to see how your turnover is and what kind of transactions. So I ask him: What's the counter offer?! He said none really, he's been told to suggest the account run for 6 months with me trading at usual 0.8% (0.4% electronically) and that even for there own fcking warrants where they have a 4-10% spread!

I felt like telling him what a pisshead he is and hanging up. But I tried to stay calm and tell him in that case I'd be unable to trade with them. He didn't seem in the least bothered. Useless halfwit! Those kind of things really get on my wick. Spend loads of time sorting out paperwork and some moron in the bank thinks they need six months of transactions before they decide IF they can offer better rates.

Well, life's all about plan B isn't it!? So I already have another bank lined up doing final checks to open an account at even cheaper rates than I asked the one mentioned above. I'll be damned if I don't get this ball rolling! As Samantha Fox eloquently put: NOTHINGS GOING TO STOP ME NOW!!!!!

No trades since beginning of week. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment