Monday 9 November 2009

USDCHF - 10 hours & only B/E :S


What an annoying trade.
Duration held: 10 (!) hours
Pips: 0.4 (!)
Max. red*: -240.00
Max. green*: +45.00
Realized Gain/Loss: +4.00

[* Thought about writing max. drawdown - but I'm not really sure it's right for the context - or then what I should call the point at which I was in the black....]

Well that will teach me to start a monday overmotivated to put on any old trade and only see how I feel once it's on. My only vague hope when I put on the trade was that USDCHF would move back to big figure. It never did. Just south from the word go :)

Doubling up around 1.0062 would have been wise move in hindsight. But I thought if the floor falls out and EURUSD crosses to 1.5030 I'd be in trouble.

I was actually trying something new today in some respect. I read over at TraderFeed that we often change our frame of mind as soon as we put on a trade. And I do that very often. My instinct or gut is reacting mostly to 12-48 hour resistance and breakout points. But as soon as I'm in the trade for say 30-60 min. I change my perception of what is happening or what happened. So anyway - today I was trying to sit out my hunch. It didn't work. Oh well.



2 comments:

  1. Better than 10 hours and deep into the red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! But like you wrote in a recent post - knowing went to keep out (fold) is very important (and not second nature to me :)).

    And I "played" mainly cos I could or wanted the "winning" or "achievement" feeling that results from a successful trade...

    ReplyDelete