Wednesday 4 November 2009

Pixar-Disney Film: (Thumbs) Up


I love stumbling across films that I'm not really expecting much from - apart from a bit of entertainment - and then finding them to be funny and yet deep in a way and really enjoyable. It's like finding an exotic secluded beach in some wild yet beautiful part of the world and having the impression you're a discoverer or adventurer treasure-hunting. I'm a big cartoon fan, so this type of action loaded long "cartoon" was just my ticket. The dog is such good fun. (IMDB)

Which brings me to my trading. Not long ago an advisor asked me why I wanted to trade: fun or income. I want both. I want trading adventures that are fun, exciting - an adrenaline kick. And yet I'd like to pay for whatever luxuries in life I want with the income from this adventure - if possible. I guess I want to have the cake and also eat it.

At the moment I'm not sensing much opportunity intraday for my favorite trading style. But as I read today - here - knowing when to stay sidelined is one of the most important abilities of any trader.

I'm making some progress opening an account as a "pseudo hedge fund" with one bank at the moment. Aim: get a track record going and lot better fees than I currently have in place. Should know by friday if administrative part of it is looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment