Friday 13 November 2009

Step Away From The Monitor, Take Your Hands From The Mouse


It's interesting, amusing even. I knew (?!) the moment I was analysing my trade and writing my post last night that this would happen: Morning would be nicely higher. And instead of taking reward bounty from the table for what I "felt" would happen (i.e. a sprint of covering into Eur GDP no's) I literally made pocket change :(

Now the lesson has to be for me: Watch the price levels, set a exit level (maybe in terms of hours) and step away from screens, go to sleep, whatever. But be sure to just NOT WATCH IT MINUTE BY MINUTE. My inner radar is reacting to swing trading, not scalping it seems.

Even the 1.4920 level I casually mentioned saw a full two hours of struggle. Must have been important for some reason.

But no reason to be angry at myself. After all I'm taking away an important lesson for free. Things can get so much better now!


Notes:

Little squares indicate where I bought (green) and sold (red).
1st green highlighted area shows morning level
2nd shows the mentioned 1.4920 level [even though 1.4880-90 level was by far the most important of day by time spent - and I'd also written in y'day blogpost that I expect 1.4950-80 level to see a touch - didn't get that - so I must be careful not to succumb fallacious reasoning!]



No comments:

Post a Comment