Wednesday 8 July 2009

Bike Repair Trade

Just one trade again. Like yesterday. This time I waited longer as I knew everything was going for me: Double bottom, rapid descent from 1.39 to 1.3850 - I expected a rebound to 1.3910 level. But as usual I couldn't be bothered to wait and got out at 1.3889.

Maybe I'll start putting on 200k instead of 100k if I get more trades right in future. That way I can offload the first load when I feel like I want less exposure.

The bike's saddle that was swiped off my bike yesterday cost around 20$ (equivalent) to replace (done that). And as the market gave me 350$ today my bike is covered :D

Still down 4k. But at least I'm making progress again. Grasping at the straws...

Thursday morning update: In the end it did go to my target price of 1.3910 this morning, but I'm glad I took the trade off as I'm sure I'd have wanted to check on it once or twice in the night and not slept as well. Sometimes I guess a smaller profit is worth the peace of mind. Important to stay fresh and as unbiased as possible I reckon. 

Thursday lunchtime (CET) update: Now I'm seriously mad at myself. EURUSD is at 1.3970. I bought at 1.3854 less than 18 hours ago. I could have held on easily to this winner, even doubled up. Instead I'm now letting emotions (being pissed off at forgone profit) influence my lust to trade. I think we test 1.3940 in next 8 hours. But I don't want to be caught going short now then watch it go to 1.4010 level. I think I'll wait for a big number to be crossed again before I do something.




No comments:

Post a Comment