Saturday 18 July 2009

Week P/L + 370$ or 1%






Only traded 3 days. Week up 370$.
Still down about 3'230$.

Positive:
********
A week with no rolls. (which means I wasn't in losing positions robbing my sleep)
Not one day with a loss.
7 trading days of small winnings (see other 4 below).

Negative:
*********
Small profits compared to last week.
Last week profit was close to 3% of account equity. This week only 1%.
Still down close to 10%.

Remedies:
**********
Probably taking more trades. OR if low number of quality signals: Larger trades for good signals.

Thoughts:
**********
Shouldn't overdo trying to get the market to give me back the losses I took.
Still new at FX (end of May remember). It's a whole different animal for me trading with margin and having responsibility in that way and having news moving the instrument round the clock. The temptation is more intense to gamble with higher stakes. I'll resist though. I love the open all day, always liquid part of FX though!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a successful week! I'm trading with $40 account to test strategies and control discipline. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D
    Also all the best with your experiment aswell! You'll get great value for money whatever happens testing strategies...

    Controlling Discipline: for me, leverage can be like giving a car with too much horsepower to a teenager. Great fun while it lasts but high risk of overestimating oneself.

    ReplyDelete