Sunday 5 July 2009

Vicious Circle Escape Attempt

Thursday evening I blew the 600$ I had made after the 900$ down day. I am now down 4.5k on my account. This had got me in pretty unpleased mood to put it mildly. I needed to get out of the vicious circle of wanting to make back my losses. I don't think I could've done it easily on my own last week.

Then "god" sent someone to get me out of this dangerous situation of being alone with my dangerous mind. A girlfriend called and said she wanted to go swimming (well more like bathing), and asked whether I'd join her at this nice place she'd found 20minutes drive away. I took the opportunity and am really pleased I did. Being out in nature with someone you like and enjoying what the world has to offer is a good way to put things in perspective.

She also asked me a very good question. She has been following my trading attemps for a while now (years) and has noticed that I tend to blow it sooner or later. So she asks me: Have you ever made any money with trading? (she was being kind of rhetorical - as she knows I'm net down)

That got me thinking. Even though the result up until now is a rather clear NO there have been phases where I was getting 8 out of 10 trades right. But that's just how I've been kidding myself that I have an edge. After all what use is being right so many times on single trades if you then give it all back with the other two and some more on top!

I however remain confident that if I can discipline myself that I can indeed make money. Hope dies last ;)

Below is the picture of the place she took me to (taken with my mobile).


2 comments:

  1. You know what attratct me the most? The beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks. Reminded me that even if I had 7 figures on my current account one can't buy being in the right place at the right time with the right person/people.

    ReplyDelete