Tuesday 7 July 2009

Trading Break Interrupted :D

Well, watching the market with one eye very 20 minutes seems to be smarter than watching it minute by minute. For me it is anyway.

At lunch time I went into town by bike and while I was getting something someone nicked my saddle. Including the pole that it attaches to. Not only that but it started raining hard aswell. So I had the great pleasure of cycling back home in the pissing rain, water squirting at my back from the back-tire and having to be "standing" on the bike. I wouldn't classify it as the most satisfying experience to be honest.

But as faith would have it my mind wanted to put on a small trade and was rewarded. I had last seen EURUSD at 1.3976 and when I looked again it was 1.4035 or so. Thought: Ok let's have a look at the chart, seemed worth putting on the trade as there was failure to make new highs and a long-ish dark candle after the high (1.4050sh).

That all paid off with 200$. So it's not all bad today. :)

Update: Just looked at EURUSD again. More than 2 hours without looking at it. It's at 1.3967 now. I knew when I bought back that I was doing so too early but I'm just unable to watch a winner get smaller for a short time (which it was doing briefly when I checked 20minutes later), so I always get back to cash much much too early. I think I will need to take decisions and then just step away from the screen for longer! Have in a stop but otherwise let the darn things run!



No comments:

Post a Comment