Tuesday 28 July 2009

Played Smal Pullback From Resistance - Around 1.4290-95 (updated)

No trades yesterday. 30c sunny day = lake, swimming, badminton, late lunch, little time in front of pc. I did look at evening CET action, would have bought if anything, but didn't (1.4220 area).

Well today we got back to the previous resistance of 1.4290 area. I sold some short and covered for a +10pips profit. $125 for the day. Don't know if I should book this as the final for the day and quit the screens.

Mustn't let greed overcome me.

Update (17:26CET): Christ, I wish I hadn't covered my earlier short lot! Price crashed! Bought some EURUSD "after" the strong fall. I was hoping for a quick 15pip bounce! But it went down another 10 pips in a very inconsiderate way! ;) So I bought some more! (Greedy :P) And then got out with just slightly more than 4pips (well actually 2pips as it was on 200k :S). +173$ for the day.

Thought of the day: Seems to me I'm getting great feeling for the 5-12 hour swings! If I'd just stayed in my positions both times I intially put on. Short this morning. Long around 1.4150. Then today would've could've shoud've given me 140 pips! I'd have sold the level that was 48 hour resistance and just waited untill this afternoon, when I felt like buying again. Instead I'm mucking around with 10 pips here, 10 pips there. Something needs to change! As I mentioned in my weekend post: I need a scalper and an investing account. I just get so annoyed with myself otherwise. Don't know anyone who does that though really. Guess it isn't possible to implement easily. The scalping will make me miss the bigger turning points, stronger resistance areas. I'll be focussed on the short term always I think.

Okay I need to start putting down in writing where I got the "buy" or "sell" feeling. Then see if it really is more than just being lucky the last 2-3 times. It's like roulette otherwise. Just getting color right 2-3 times in a row is no big deal. At the moment we can put it down to pure coincidence I guess.










No comments:

Post a Comment