Wednesday 15 July 2009

Needed To Take 3 Small Trades (updated)

Update 20.14CET

Just had one more small trade. Total for the day up 170$.

Good points:
******************************
  1. None of the positions was ever more than 50$ in the red.
  2. Three trades. Three winners.
  3. Sold into descending market 2 times (red candle).
  4. Signature move, i.e. selling into a short term breakout and look for re-testing of previous resistance as a base.

Negative points:
******************************
  1. Didn't wait for at least 10 pips. I could have had 10 each time.
  2. Too small size considering total account (to make me happy anyway - greed?!)
  3. Looking at all three charts I notice I'm buying back when the candles are RED. This can't be clever. Should wait for Doji or white candle.

























:S I just pulled the trigger to early once again. My view was that if we go to 1.4110 we'll quickly dip back for a test of 1.4100. So I sold some at 1.41077 hoping to buy them back at 1.41. Then I got spooked by price going to 1.4113 (or so) and then got out too early. It should have been a "safe" 10 pip move to scalp. I'm not happy withmyself. I should be sent to bed with no dinner. haha ;)

Oh I just see a pattern evolving: I like shorting into the breakouts! Whatever resistance zone gets broken by 15-20 pips I love to short for a test of the resistance as support! Just gets ugly when there's no re-test! Lucky today. As I was playing small size it's nothing really to mention proudly...




















Just sitting here asking myself why I took the (1st) trade pictured below.

I had been thinking about selling some around 1.4060 then it dropped to 1.4054. Next thing I know it's close to 1.4080. I just wanted to sell. Looking back that could have been very stupid. If there was news unfolding, some comments by a CBer I'd have maybe seen the move continue for 40 or more pips and be well pissed off.

As it turned out I got the close to 10 pips I felt were justified. Broke out 20 pips and came back 10 pips. What it does next is anyones guess. Don't know if this is some pseudo-fib rule I was implementing. But it worked. Guess any scientist would say I'm playing roulette.

No trades yesterday and this was only one today (till now).


No comments:

Post a Comment