Tuesday 30 June 2009

Dripfeed of Winnings







It's nerve racking. Shorted some EURUSD bevor going to bed. Put in a stop 19 pips or so above. Start going to sleep then suddenly hear the exec bell telling me my order is done. I watch the price pull back 15 pips from my stoploss in about 5 minutes. That got me pissed at myself. Why did I use a stop?! Then I decide when price edges back up that I'm going to short it again and make back the 20pips I lost on the way down! Great plan right. Not really! Price went to 1.4150 this morning european time due to some figs out of Germany (or UK?! - haha not sure now). I didn't have a stop loss this time. Luckily it turns out. For after initial blast higher price comes back a bit, then a bit more and finally - after annoying hours! - falls to level where I can cover the short and make 100$ ontop of compensating my -200$ 1st trade.

Problem is this. Since my -8k$ day these +100$ are pretty meaningless. So I'm never really pleased. And I still can't follow though on my plan of scaling into positions that are winning. I'm never building winners into something bigger. They stay small. I guess if I was fishing I'd catch all the small fish cos they're easier and always miss the big fish. Then some shark or whale comes along and knocks me out of my boat. :) Well. Something like that.

Positive: I'm going into the 4th consecutive day in the black.
Negative: I'm going to need 40 trading days at the pace of last 2 days winners. Also this is telling me how unproductively I'm employing my time and energy and thoughts.

But I'll leave it on this:
Good things come to those who wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment