Friday 19 June 2009

Week Recap +841$ / +4.2% (20k USD margin acc)








So finished the week up USD 841 - including today.

I'm not really happy with the way the week went.
Two times I was in position with over 800 USD loss. Once with 1700 USD. It's a shame I can't see my (intraday) sharpe ratio as that would probably put the weeks gain in context. It's clear to me that I'm making peanuts on some serious downside.
As my largest daily gain was only 500 USD, something obviously isn't right with my risk management (outlined in previous post). But looking at my daily P/L you'd get the wrong impression I'm low risk and consistently in the black.

Edit: Just realized that performance on available margin is 0.042% for this week. That equates to 2.186% for the entire year or in USD: 43'732. So this week was above the 1-1.5% return on total margin I just set myself. No reason to celebrate of course. One week is nothing. :)


4 comments:

  1. are you really a prop trader working for a firm? or is it just your username

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a name... for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool. I'm also interested to pursue the prop route. Just need to build up my credibility. Do you know of fx prop firms in the chicago/ny area?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that when firms are looking to hire they tend to go for people who have a track record of say 2-3years - with consistent profits.

    If you want to enter a firm in a back/mid office function and then try to swing over (hard to do) that's also one possibility.

    Chances of getting a junior position in prop are very small according to everything I've heard. Coming via Sales/Execution is another way you can consider.

    ReplyDelete