Friday 19 June 2009

The Regular But (Too) Small Trades





Often, and not to my satisfaction, I do something like the above. Buy with a feeling the market is heading up, then it hangs around for more than an hour, even pulling away from my entry point, then as soon as it starts making the move I anticipated, albeit slowly, I take the profit (too early). The pair moved 1.3930-40, but I wanted it to go there faster - it didn't - so I sold out. 10minutes after my sale it was bid 1.3920 of course. I like to see quick 10pips profit normally. No good to me if it slowly heads in the direction as I'm too impatient.

The problem at the moment is that we're not trending nicely or moving fast. Like in equity markets there's a lot of indecision about whether treasuries are going to thwart the economy slowly turning. In EURUSD I also have to consider that the Eurozone isn't doing well at all and buying the EUR with bad macro news hitting while (relatively) good US news hits is not a feelgood trade. If EUR news was good and US bad it would be easy and we could move to 1.50.

My thoughts on that anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment