Monday 29 June 2009

EURCHF - My Need For Quick Gratification Overcomes Me






My need for more or less instant gratification has once again led me to take a short term profit even though I put on the trade with a medium term goal.

I just don't know how to turn off that impulse. It's getting nearly as bad as my need for speed. Just at lunch time I used my bike (cycling kind, not motor) to get something in the neighbourhood. On the way I nearly crashed into another cyclist cos I had taken a short cut and was coming at too high a speed. Then 2 seconds later I cross narrowly in front of a public transport vehicule dropping my keys in the process.

Seems my life is filled with near misses lately. And one full contact knockdown.

Flipside: Life certainly isn't boring like that ;)

Edit: Oh-ouh. Just read this when searching for info about instant gratification etc. "Deferred gratification or delayed gratification is the ability to wait in order to obtain something that one wants. This ability is usually considered to be a personality trait which is important for life success. Daniel Goleman has suggested that it is an important component of emotional intelligence. People who lack this trait are said to need instant gratification and may suffer from poor impulse control."

So basically my personality is "flawed" for trading? :(

In the context of gratification this was a read that made me smile:
http://www.culturefreaks.com/instantgratification.html



No comments:

Post a Comment